Players in Action
Update on return to in person baseball activities
June 9, 2021
As per the Provincial Government announcement on Monday, Ontario has moved up the date for Step 1 of the reopening plan. Step 1 will commence at 12:01 on Friday June 11th. The full details of the plan can be found here:
Baseball Ontario has confirmed they will be lifting the ban on in person baseball activities on the same date. We have confirmed with the City of Cambridge that the permits for our fields will start on Friday June 11th as well. During Step 1 baseball activities will be limited to training only. There will be no games or scrimmages permitted during Step 1. There are several criteria that need to be adhered to from CMBA, Baseball Ontario, Waterloo Regional Public Health as well as the City of Cambridge. They are as follows:
- As per the Baseball Ontario Return to Sport Protocols, 2 events are permitted on one baseball diamond. This means that 2 different groups of not more than 10 each, can participate in separate practices on the same field. One team could split into 2 such groups as long as they stay separate throughout the practices. Everyone must stay in their own group and there can be no players, coaches or other persons participating in both events even if the two groups came from one team.
- Any equipment used by one event or group must be cleaned/sanitized prior to use by the other event or group, including if both events are being run by the same team (i.e., a split squad practice). All activities for both events must adhere to the distancing measures required by the provincial government, the relevant municipality and public health authorities and the Baseball Ontario Protocol.
- All activities delivered must adhere to the distancing measures and recommendations, along with any gathering restrictions issued by the Ontario Government, relevant municipality and public health authorities and Baseball Ontario Protocol, including the arrival and departure of players, including:
- Pre-screening before attending (If you are exhibiting symptoms, stay home)
- Attendance tracking (using the On Deck App or a similar tool)
- Regular hand sanitizing (at least every 30 minutes)
- All players need to be fully registered in the CMBA system to step on the field. Due to our insurance requirements, players will not be permitted to participate until they are fully registered.
- The full CMBA Return to Play Protocols can be found on our website - www.cambridgeminorbaseball.ca
CMBA is very excited to be returning to baseball activities as we enter Step 1 on June 11th! We will continue to provide updates through our website and social media platforms.
Please continue to stay safe and healthy.
Matt Durocher, President
Cambridge Minor Baseball Association
As per the recent provincial government announcement, Ontario has released its 3 Step reopening plan following the lifting of the ‘stay at home order’. During Step 1, which begins on June 14th, teams will be allowed back on the field for practices only. Games will be permitted in Stage 2 which could begin as early as July 5th if vaccination and other required thresholds are met.
CMBA takes the health and safety of our members very seriously and will be following Baseball Ontario’s Return to Sport Guidelines as well as directions from the Province of Ontario, Waterloo Region Public Health and the City of Cambridge.
As we prepare our schedules, we are looking for volunteers to coach our teams at all age levels. CMBA is a non-profit organization that serves the community of Cambridge and is 100% volunteer run. If you are interested in giving back to your community and becoming a coach, please email email@example.com.
Once registration closes on June 4th, our VPs of House League will be connecting with coaches and families to provide further details regarding schedule and locations. For more information and to register for the 2021 House League program, check out the House League tab on the CMBA website.
Instagram / Facebook / Twitter
CMBA Coronavirus/COVID-19 UPDATE
May 26, 2021 – Ontario Reopening Plan
As per the Provincial Government announcement last week, Ontario has released its plan to reopen the province following the lifting of the ‘stay at home order’.
The full details of the plan can be found here:
Therefore, the target date to begin Step 1 is June 14, 2021. During Step 1, teams will be allowed back on the field for practices only, subject to a limit of 10 participants.
CMBA is having ongoing discussions with Baseball Ontario regarding the number of 10 participants in hopes that we may be able to adopt a similar approach to last year by splitting the field in half, allowing for full teams to practice, provided they stay on their half of the field. However, currently 10 participants is the number as per the reopening plan.
CMBA is also working with Baseball Ontario on the interpretation of Step 2 as it pertains to game play. We are hoping to have a consensus shortly with a road map to game play. More updates will follow with regards to game play.
This summer CMBA plans to run our Rep and House League programs. From our recent survey, we realize that you want to get your kids back on the field, so we are doing everything we can to make that happen! We will be reaching out in the coming weeks to outline our plan for House League. There will be a Rep Coaches meeting next week and your Rep coach will be reaching out to you with specific details on the return to play plan for Rep teams.
CMBA has confirmed with the City of Cambridge that the fields will be ready for the current timeline of June 14th for Step 1, subject to CMBA’s Return to Play Protocol, which can be found here:
CMBA is very excited to be returning to baseball activities as we enter Step 1 on June 14th! We will continue to provide updates through our website and social media platforms.
As per the Provincial Government announcement yesterday, effective April 3rd, 2021 at 12:01 am, the Province of Ontario will move into lockdown or the grey colour framework. During this time all in person baseball activities, indoor & outdoor, are prohibited. Baseball Ontario confirmed this stance with an email yesterday to all its members:
“As a result of this lockdown for at least the next four weeks, Baseball Ontario is suspending all in-person organized baseball activities, both indoor and outdoor, as of 12:01am, Saturday, April 3rd, 2021.
As long as the government lockdown continues, no such activity will be permitted.”
CMBA is committed to having a baseball season this summer for our members. We will continue to have dialogue with the provincial & municipal officials as well as Baseball Ontario.
Thank you for your continued patience during this difficult time. We will continue to provide updates through our website and social media platforms as we receive them.
CMBA is excited to announce the following travel teams and their respective head coaches for the 2021 season!
Cambridge Cubs Peewee T1 Team is your U13 National Champions!
CMBA Facebook Group !!!
If you have not already done so, click HERE to join.
Click the link below to find out if your game is cancelled due to weather. The City of Cambridge posts updates by 3:00 pm each day.
Click here Cambridge.ca Link
All coaches have the discretion to call games due to safety concerns.
April 2, 2021 – Provincial Lockdown Announcement
African Lion Safari
Cambridge Source For Sports
Valet Car Wash
Lone Wolf Technologies
Toyota Motor Manufacturing
Tim Hortons Cambridge
Cambridge Hotel & Conference Centre
Cambridge Bingo and Gaming Centre